"The way indoor cricket should be!"
Action Cricket is an exciting team game that last for approximately 70 minutes. It combines fun, fitness and competition, and its simplicity allows people of all ages to play: men women, young old, or cricketers and non-cricketers.
Come in for a privately organised social game or for your inter-company regular competition, and then relax at our after game facilities or come and join a team, register in a league or just come along for the social environment and watch sports on our huge Tv's. Book for casual games too! We can also take bookings for one off or regular private competitions.
- A game last for 70 minutes
- All playing equipment is provided. (Just wear something comfortable)
- 8 players per side
- 16 overs per game
- Everyone bowls 2 overs and bats for 4 overs
- You bat in pairs and face 4 overs per pair
- The non-facer stands at the running crease
- If you are out you do not leave the court, you stay at the crease and continue to bat for the full 4 overs
- Every time you are out your team loses 5 runs from the total runs
- When there are 2 non scoring deliveries in a row, the batters must run on the next delivery. (This is called 3rd ball)
- Everyone has to bowl
- An over lasts 6 balls
- You can bowl under-arm if you prefer
- If you bowl a wide or no-ball the ball is NOT re-bowled the batting team is awarded 2 runs
- There are 8 players in the fielding team
- The field has to have 4 players in each half of the court
- Social Leagues - Monday to Friday (Teams play once a week, unless on special arrangement)
- Junior Leagues - For enquiries and registration contact us by phone or email
- Note: We sometimes have special Leagues and Competitions
Action Cricket Rules
Become an Action Cricket Guru! Download the Action Cricket Rule Book in PDF format.
FIXTURES & STANDINGS
Check how your team progresses throughout the season...FIXTURES & STANDINGS